Tuesday, June 17, 2008

dylan sang "I'm gonna give myself a good talking to"

Lifetimes ago, a person I allowed myself to fall in love with told me that I was likely "the most unhappy person" she had ever known.
I felt no such thing.
But I was game,I guess, for spiritual experimentation when i finally took her up on her suggestions that I enter therapy.
In a short time, I learned to appreciate the self-indulgent free sharing & release, and even came to develop a bit of a need for the process. like church for some

I recently saw the movie "The Bucket List" ( a film where only the damn likable likes of Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson might 'make entertaining'
the dread filled subject of cancer and onrushing death.) At the center of attention was a list scribbled on a legal pad page of things important to accomplish before kicking the bucket. Our dying but damn likable gentlemen pursue ideal dreams, & scratch 'em off.

Lifetimes ago, as an exercise to force priorities onto the surface & into the light, my Doctor of Listening & Provocative Questions prescribed homework;
If I had one week to live, and knew it..what must I accomplish,
what might & must I do to complete this life?

I wrote a dozen pages and typed them up.
It was good for me, as this was.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Crocheting Commuter said...

and the pages... what became of them? would the list be the same today?