Thursday, April 17, 2008

a pathetic apathetic politic poll

passionate political concerns and my serious attention towards them even have deteriorated to a pale,anemic sickness since the 60's for me, my citizenry is a shambles.
But I wonder what my dear fellow progressives in Pennsylvania have on the signs in their yards, or does that happen once they stand up and wield their fateful vote and take part in crucial steering of this country's fate?after that only one sign goes up?
I am starting to cringe when I hear concerned democrats worry about and bad mouth the political sparring between the democratic candidates. Isn't it politics?Ain't it one big high school debate competition where points are made swinging the judges when gaffes are pointed out and capitalized on and hammered home? Ain't it what lawyers do in courtrooms the world over? pokin holes in how the other guy looks and discrediting one's way to the victory?
Here in my state, florida, where my fateful vote will likely not take part in crucial steering, but did encourage Clinton (though she's tenaciously willing to belittle herself some by going "old school" politics, I have faith that her longtime idealism might be powered into very real progressive change by her understanding how it can happen)
Obama is bullied by winning lawyer rhetoric about his "clinging to guns and religion" as if he weren't fucking right. it's embarrassing seeing clinton open her legs some for those NRA beasts. This business and a couple of my old heroes letting their Obama support show has shaken my support some, makes it easier to support either candidate on the ticket, as the good lawyer usually charges the most but wins, and Law ain't bad..
I can take some comfort in the ludicrousness that there is a latin term for neither guilty nor innocent.

1 comment:

John D. said...

Gotta love the NRA. And if you weren't convinced shooting everything is always a good idea, just wait until they pass the "bring your guns to work" bill, and that one about euthanising "dangerous dogs." I guess walking backwards is just something you get used to in a heavily republican city.

P.S. I bet that gun bill makes USPS workers REALLY comfortable... :(

See you soon,

Connor